Sunbrella Fabric: Properly maintain the fabric by simply brushing off dirt before it becomes embedded in the fabric and spot cleaning stains soon after they occur.
- Sunbrella fabrics should be cleaned while still on the umbrella frame.
- When cleaning, it is important to adhere to the following tips:
- Always use a mild detergent such as Woolite or Dawn.
- Water should be cold to lukewarm.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all detergent residues.
- Air dry on the frame only. Never apply heat.
- To clean Sunbrella fabric while still on the umbrella frame.
- Brush off loose dirt.
- Hose down.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of water and mild soap such as Woolite or Dawn dish washing detergent.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly until all detergent residue is removed.
- Air dry.
- Prepare a solution of 1/2 cup mild detergent mixed with 1/2 cup bleacher in 1 gallon of warm water.
- Use a soft scrub brush to work the cleaning solution in to the mesh.
- Rinse with clean water and allow to dry in the sun. Do not remove umbrella fabrics from frame.
Fiberglass and Aluminum:
- Use a mixture of mild detergent and water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive brushes.
Resin (applies to umbrella bases only):
- Brush loose dust and debris from the resin umbrella bases with a stiff-bristled brush.
- Spray with water from a garden hose. Use some pressure to remove as much dirt and debris as possible.
- Add dish detergent to a bucket of hot water and use a nylon scrubber to scrub down the umbrella bases.
- Finish the cleaning process with a final rinse and allow to dry before use.
Concrete (applies to umbrella bases only):
- While concrete is, for the most part, maintenance free, dust, dirt and debris can still build up on its surface quickly if not cleaned off regularly.
- Wipe down the umbrella bases with a damp rag to remove dirt accumulation and dust.
- Mix warm water and mild detergent in a bucket.
- Dip cleaning cloth into bucket and wash down the umbrella bases thoroughly.
- Dry the bases with a soft towel.
Plastisol (applies to umbrella bases only):
- Most normal household cleaners and/or vinyl protecting agents can be used to clean the surface.
- Can also use a 50/50 bleach/water mixture for tougher spots.
- A power washer can also be used for optimal results.
- If a stain appears, wash the surface with detergent and a scrub brush, then set the product in the sun for several hours. The stain will fade away.